Pressure-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place onions in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 207 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 9, 2020
This was my first adventure with an instantpot that I received for Father's Day. I followed the instructions with some minor changes. I used skinless drumsticks, I dredged the drum sticks in flower and salt and pepper, and I added some sliced , pitted black olives. Other than that it was by the book. My wife and I were BLOW AWAY! that was one of the best chicken meals I have had in memory. It cooked so quickly and the sause was just this side of heaven! It is most certainly a keeper and Im looking forward to my next Instantpot meal.
Apr 4, 2020
This is so easy and so very good!!
Mar 30, 2019
This was my first Instant Pot recipe. I chose it because it was simple and I had the ingredient. It was very good. Next time I would brown the chicken and bump up the seasoning a bit for our taste. We both enjoyed it.
Mar 22, 2018
I thought I followed this recipe exactly but obviously I did something wrong. It was so liquity it was more like tomato soup. Horrible. I won't be making this again.
Mar 11, 2018
How would you adjust for an 8qt IP.