Pressure-Cooker Beef Tips
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in batches, adding oil as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl.
- Add wine to cooker, stirring to loosen browned bits. Press cancel. Return beef to cooker; add the mushrooms, onion, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; close the pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Aug 23, 2020
These were so easy to make! The sauce was great! Love being able to make these quick in the pressure cooker!
Aug 1, 2020
I made these beef tips and they turned out delicious. Served mine over wide noodles quite the husband pleaser.
Jun 2, 2020
Just made this for dinner. It was so easy and tasted delicious. The man liked it too, he is a fussy one. Thank you.
May 13, 2020
I found this to be very good. I didnt think that it really lacked in flavor, but would not be against adding different seasonings. I will be making this again. Thanks for the recipe.
Mar 27, 2020
Made this last night and it was terrific! Hubby loved it too. Had it over GF pasta. Definitely a keeper and so easy ??
Mar 4, 2020
Made this last night and my hubby and I looooved it! Glad there was some leftover for lunch today. I used arrowroot instead of cornstarch which is what I had and 3 tbsp would probably have enough in case anyone needs to make that adjustment. I did 4 tbsp and just added more wine to thin it out. Wine-not?! Added more salt and pepper to taste at the end. Always love an excuse to open a bottle of wine when the recipe calls for it. ;) Thanks for the recipe. I definitely feel more confident using my Instantpot now.
Feb 26, 2020
Made this last night and it was a total hit! Doubled the recipe and made the following changes: 1. instead of cubing the meat, I cut them into thin slices. 2. added one tsp of Better than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base 3. added one tbsp of Better than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base 4. did not use wine, used beef broth only IT WAS DELICIOUS! The meat was really tender and there was so much flavor. This is a definite keeper! Thank you for sharing this!
Jan 20, 2020
Ok needs more flavor
Jan 19, 2020
it was very delicious and much more tasty. thanks for sharing this easy recipe of beef. You can check the latest best instant pot for the kitchen. Which may help you in your best recipes. Having superb quality. Check it’s reviews. https://instapotbuy.com
Sep 21, 2019
I made recipe per the directions except I increased the mushrooms. It was pretty tasty, but I think the next time I will dry-brine the steak for added flavor.