Pressure-Cooker Apple Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; pour broth mixture over meat. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. In a small saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add cooking liquid. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 277 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 13, 2020
I really like this recipe. It's quick and simple and has really good flavor. The only change I make is to use frozen boneless chicken breast instead of the thighs (because that's what I typically have on hand) and up the cook time to 15 minutes (since I start with them frozen). They come out perfect and tender!
Apr 14, 2020
Fixed this last night for the first time. It came together very easy. I enjoyed the sauce but will cut back on the balsamic vinegar. Just a little stronger then I wanted it to be. Will be making it again and will be trying other pressure cooker recipes on here.
Nov 5, 2019
This was very tasty... lots of flavor! This made a lot of sauce, so I think you can safely double the number of thighs in this recipe. This would be such a simple dish to serve to guests!
Feb 9, 2019
This was amazing. I didn't have chicken broth so used vegetable broth. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs. I served with noodles cooked in the rest of the vegetable broth. I'm going to try again and add some mushrooms.
Jan 14, 2019
smelled good cooking. Easy to make. I used a frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast. 15 minutes high pressure. Served with roasted sweet potatoes and brown rice.
Oct 16, 2017
Husband says it's a keeper! Tender meat & he especially liked the hint of lemon.