Potluck Antipasto Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces brick or provolone cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- BASIL VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, vegetables, cheeses, meats, olives and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Toss before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 18, 2020
I will definitely make this again. Made pretty much as directed except used shredded Monterey jack because that's what I had, and apparently I forgot to order the pepperoni but I had a 7 oz package of the hard salami so that totaled the amount of the two meats combined. I also used bottled Italian dressing instead of making the dressing in the recipe. It was completely amazing! The only change I will make in the future is using regular provolone instead of the sharp. My son, who is helping me cut everything up smelled it when I open the package and was overwhelmed. He just couldn't eat the food after that smell.
Jun 27, 2019
No comment left
Jun 27, 2019
Delicious mix of flavors. As other reviewers posted, bottled Italian dressing works great in a pinch. Please people. If the recipe isn’t for you, don’t insult other people’s intelligence by stating the recipe is low carb. We get it. Just move on to another selection. How arrogant.
Jun 27, 2019
This salad is delicious. We don't like chickpeas, so I used cannelli beans.
Jun 11, 2019
This is probably my favorite Taste of Home recipe! This salad has great flavor and loaded with veggies. I didn't have chickpeas so I skipped those but everything else went together great! I could eat this every day!
May 5, 2019
Loved this salad! It's fairly easy to make and very tasty.
Dec 6, 2018
My husband and grown children are pasta lovers along with me. So a few days ago I was stumped at planning a light dinner before we went to a Christmas play @ my school. So I just Googled what I had in my fridge and this great recipe was one of a few that was listed in the results. I had most of the ingredients in my fridge and I had the pasta in the cabinet, the only thing missing was the chickpeas and the g beans. I just used what I had and because I was in a hurry I used the Italian Dressing instead of making the vinaigrette and of course a bit of salt and pepper and just a pinch of sugar and a shake of red pepper flakes. Needless to say it was a hit with everyone and I had picked up some freshly made french bread and it actually bumped it up to a good meal. I have several holiday parties that are potlucks and I plan to make this for each one .
May 24, 2015
This salad is wonderful! I made it for our granddaughter's baptism celebration and everyone loved it! (We especially liked the variety of ingredients!) I made a few changes to the dressing which included substituting my homemade pesto for the basil, adding 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1 Tbl. sugar and a little more salt...YUM! I can't wait to make it again!
Jul 13, 2013
The prep for this was daunting and I found it bland. I will try it again and experiment with adding additional seasoning.
Jul 2, 2013
No comment left