Potato Sausage Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute potatoes and onion until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Return sausage and bacon to the skillet; top with egg mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are almost set, 8-10 minutes. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat until eggs are set, 2 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 518 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 430mg cholesterol, 1213mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 13, 2013
I utilized the basic recipe with what I had on hand to help clean out my refrigerator. I did not have bacon. I added some zucchini and some cheese. I used fresh today eggs from the local farm (about a 1/2 mile from our house). It made a great lunch.