Potato and Chorizo Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 5-7 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the hash browns, soup, cheeses, onion, peppers and pepper flakes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with panko.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 316 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 26, 2020
I loved how easy this whole recipe was and how great it tasted! I used soy chorizo because I prefer the taste. I’ll use the leftovers for breakfast burritos!
Jan 3, 2020
Just okay. Will not make again
Dec 27, 2019
Delicious. I Made the whole recipe, but froze half and baked half. I would add more chorizo, but there’s definitely good heat as prepared.
Nov 5, 2019
Feb 21, 2019
Very tasty! I found the onions a bit too crunchy and would precook them a bit in the future. Also, mix in the hashbrowns last because mixing will become difficult and those red pepper flakes need to be well distributed.
Oct 30, 2018
My family of 4 all enjoyed it, even my picky 9 year old grandson!