Pork with Peanuts
Restaurant eating is a treat for us. So when we enjoy a meal out, I try to re-create it at home. My family enjoys my version of this Chinese dish even more than the original.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green or sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked rice or thin spaghetti
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. strips. In a skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry pork, onions and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Add bean sprouts, celery, carrots and green pepper; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; add to skillet. Stir in red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in peanuts. Serve over rice or spaghetti.