Pork with Apricot Sauce
Kris Wells of Hereford, Arizona dresses up pork tenderloin with a sweet apricot sauce mildly seasoned with ginger. It makes an impressive entree, yet leaves plenty of extra pork for meals later in the week. "The sauce is also good on baked ham," Kris adds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes4-6 servings (2 cups sauce) plus 2-1/2 pounds leftover pork
- 4 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Slice the pork; serve 1-1/2 pounds with the apricot sauce. Refrigerate or freeze remaining pork for another use.