Pork Roast Cubano
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cubed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced papaya
- In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add black beans, sweet potato and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, salsa and ginger; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender. Sprinkle with green onions; serve with papaya.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup vegetables: 430 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Apr 27, 2016
This is fantastic! I don't usually like pork but this dish is one of my favorites. I make this along side some rice and the Cuban black beans recipe on this site. Yum!!
Sep 3, 2015
I made this last night and the whole family enjoyed it! I must say, though, that you should rename this recipe. There is nothing Cuban about it (besides maybe the black beans)! I am of Cuban descent and this is not Cuban Roast Pork. The ingredients are definitely more Mexican than Cuban. Again, it was delicious, but the name is deceiving....you may want to change it :-)
Apr 6, 2014
It is good, but it needs more heat!