Pork & Ramen Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil 3 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, bamboo shoots and garlic; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pork; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions, discarding or saving seasoning packets for another use. Drain noodles; add to pork mixture and toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 354 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 17, 2019
I made this exactly except i added the flavor packet from the ramen,thinly sliced cabbage and shredded carrots because i didn't have coleslaw mix and i used water chestnuts instead of bamboo shoots ,i didn't have bamboo shoots..it was wonderful..nice change from rice .i doubled the recipe and only had like a cup leftover..everyone had seconds..definitely a keeper
May 1, 2018
This recipe is easy and delicious. I used leftover pork loin chopped, and my husband said that it reminded him of BBQ Chinese stir fry. We will be keeping this recipe and using again.
Jul 4, 2017
I liked the IDEA of this recipe, but it was way too sour for my tastes. I'll make again, but will add more sugar.
Mar 28, 2017
No comment left
Feb 6, 2017
Easy recipe. I cut the pork in half and used less soy sauce at first. This is a quick recipe full of veggies. I used bean sprouts rather than bamboo shoots. I think the ramen noodles can be omitted...they only add unnecessary calories. They account for 380 of the calories. I think rice at 120 per 1/2 cup would be a better choice. Delicious.
Feb 1, 2017
Made this tonight. It was wonderful. I added a teaspoon of ground ginger and a half a teaspoon of Chinese five spice. It was really good, tasty, and satisfying. Definitely a keeper.
Jan 29, 2017
This was really tasty and easy! I subbed chicken and used water chestnuts in place of the bamboo shoots for our personal preference. We loved it!
Jan 28, 2017
I don't normally write reviews, however this was exceptional tasty. My husband and I rate new recipes as to whether or not they are 'keepers' or 'tossers'. This is a keeper. Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us, Barbara.
Nov 21, 2016
Only change I made when preparing this recipe was to add some onions, and a few dashes of garlic. The day before the dinner I roasted a low fat pork loin that was encrusted in herbs which I sliced and used. (Also a TOH recipe). This was absolutely fabulous and tasty. I served it to my to carnivores in the home, my son and my husband. Both of them gobbled down huge quantities and gave it a thumbs up. And best yet on our nutritionist will love it as it gives you a mother lode of veggies! This just got put into my regular recipe rotation!
Nov 3, 2016
Very good recipe. Make sure you use the full amount of garlic for best flavor.