Pork Chops with Stuffing
This was my mother's original recipe, but through the years I've changed is slightly. Now my four daughters enjoy making this family favorite. Before we retired, we raised hogs on a farm in Pennsylvania. I cooked a pork dish at least once a week then, and I still do today.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine bread cubes, soup, celery, onion, garlic, egg, poultry seasoning and pepper; spread over pork chops. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45-55 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until melted.
May 2, 2020
Very good and very easy! We will definitely have this again. VFE
Oct 7, 2012
No comment left
Jul 28, 2010
Very good, very tasty, and very easy! My family's eyes always light up when I serve this dish.