Pork Chops with Rhubarb
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add pork chops and turn to coat. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the rhubarb, honey and cinnamon to the skillet; cook until rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over pork chops. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 390 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
May 23, 2020
Good flavor, pretty
Mar 8, 2020
Easy, quick, with a browned exterior and tender inside. Love the savory and sweet combo of flavors although a little more honey would make the dish even better.
Jun 21, 2011
Very interesting..served with rice. may put a little more honey next time..
Mar 29, 2011
The rhubarb sauce is very tasty, but needs way more than 1 Tbsp of honey - more like at least 3. I didn't measure but kept adding "to taste". Still mildly tart, but edible.