Pork Chops Deluxe
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 6 boneless pork chops (4 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Coat skillet with cooking spray; brown pork chops on both sides. Remove and set aside. Add water, scraping bottom of the skillet to loosen any browned bits.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; set tomatoes aside. Stir in the juice, soup, onion, mustard, mushrooms and salt if desired to skillet.
- Return chops to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Combine rice and parsley. Serve the pork chops and sauce with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Apr 19, 2009
I forgot to mention, the "gravy" is also good on egg noodles.
Apr 19, 2009
I put everything (except the rice) in a crock pot and cooked it on L for 4.5 hours (my crock pot cooks fast). It was very good. Don't be afraid to add some chopped green pepper or anything else that might appeal to you.
Sep 30, 2007
No comment left