Pork and Vegetable Lo Mein
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and salt in a small bowl until smooth. Add pepper flakes if desired; set aside.
- Stir-fry pork in oil in a large skillet or wok for 4-6 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Stir-fry onion for 2 minutes. Add broccoli mixture; stir-fry 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti. Add pork and spaghetti to the pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 355 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
May 1, 2020
This has got to be the best Asian meal I have made at home and I have made many. Definitely a keeper and a go-to when we feel like Asian food. Thank you for submitting this recipe!
Nov 23, 2019
So very delicious iits now a favorite
Feb 16, 2013
No comment left
Jan 27, 2013
Have made twice and delicious both times.
Jan 19, 2013
OMG! Is this ever good! Finally hit a home run in the Asian foods for my family. The only thing I changed was the vegetables. My daughter isn't crazy about broccoli, so I put in the carrots, water chestnuts, peas and mushrooms. We enjoyed the leftovers even more! My husband was only disappointed that he wasn't having his lunch at the garage, so he wasn't able to take this for lunch the next day. A definite keeper in this home! Thanks!
Jan 9, 2013
No comment left