Pork and Apple Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 medium unpeeled tart apples
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add pork to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Cut the apples into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Alternate pork and apples on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with the reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear and apples are tender.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda brown sugar blend.
Sep 7, 2014
My family really enjoyed this! We will be making this many times in the future.
Sep 12, 2010
Yummy! I used granny smith apples and substituted teriyaki instead of soy sauce. SO GOOD! Will definitely make again.
Jun 17, 2009
No comment left
May 27, 2009
I have made this recipie several times and each time it tasted great! I will keep making it for sure.
Sep 22, 2008
No comment left
Jun 8, 2008
I made a variation on this recipe (since the weather wasn't good for grilling) by using sliced pork tenderloin, marinated and then baked in a pan with the apple slices @ 350F for 45 mins. or so - turned out really nice!