Poppy Seed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, poppy seeds and dill. Stir in chicken and rice.
- Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 668 calories, 40g fat (18g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Apr 17, 2020
This was very good. I changed it up to use what I had. Turkey for chicken, cream of celery soup, a little bit of instant rice for the cooked rice. I also omitted the bread and butter. A shot of garlic powder and milk to help cook the rice. The dill was very good in this. I'll use more poppy seeds the next time
Dec 8, 2009
It was a little on the dry side, but was very tasty, so I'll definitely make it again. Next time I will add another can of cream of chicken soup, add some garlic powder, a little bit of milk and half the amount of the rice. I used about half the butter the recipe called for and mixed in a little bit of sharp chedder with the crackers for the topping. I also used rotisserie chicken. It really is a tasty dish. I love the dill!
Jan 17, 2008
No comment left