Pop Fly Popcorn
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + drying
- 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 420 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 4, 2013
There is something wrong with this recipe. There is way too much "juice" for the amount of popcorn & nuts and it turns out totally soggy. I am thinking it should be baked after spreading on pans? Or possibly the butter mixture cooked longer, so it's hard crack stage? That would still be an awful lot of "stuff" for the dry ingredients.If you want to try this, please not when you are planning to feed to company or give as gifts.
Jan 28, 2013
This is an excellent treat to have around during the holidays