Polish Apple Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes5 servings (16 pancakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar if desired and salt. In another bowl, lightly beat egg; add milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle and spread to form a 5-in. circle. Turn when bubbles form. Cook the second side until golden brown and apples are tender. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 209 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 31, 2018
Tasty! Reminds me of a crepe.
Sep 26, 2016
Good recipe. Make sure the apples are evenly sliced and thin. I used about 4 cups.
Aug 13, 2014
I make ones similiar to these, just like mom had, usually without an egg. The other ingredients were eyeballed and mixed with a whisk to the right consistency... a little more flour if too thin, a little more milk (2%) if too thick. Also, we added some melted butter to the mix and sliced a peeled apple very, very thin. They turn out thin and crispy, nothing like the typical restaurant fluffy pancake but oh so good with syrup! Just saw a recipe online for Cider Syrup that I can't wait to try with the apple pancakes when the weather gets cool!
Feb 3, 2014
Delicious and moist. It's been added to our recipe book.
Nov 7, 2010
No comment left