Pizza Chicken Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place three slices of pepperoni and one slice of cheese on each. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon pizza sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Uncover; top with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil a minute or two to brown cheese slightly.
Nutrition Facts1 roll-up: 344 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 29, 2016
I really thought I would like this but, I just didn't. Couldn't taste the pepperoni, even though I doubled the amount. My kids wouldn't even try it. Sorry.
Jul 7, 2015
I guess I am not a good "chicken roller". The chicken had no cheese in it when I took it out of the oven. It was all right, but it wasn't great. I may or may not make this again.
Jan 10, 2015
My guys like this one and it's easy!
Oct 19, 2014
Delicious! I used provolone cheese slices inside and sprinkled shredded mozzarella on top. Everyone enjoyed it.
Oct 13, 2014
This was surprisingly delicious. I don't know what I expected but I didn't expect it to be so great. It was very moist. I even had leftovers the next day and they tasted even better. Served with a salad. I will be making this again. Make sure you use the pizza sauce not tomato sauce. I don't think it would taste the same. Easy to prepare.
Sep 15, 2014
So simple to prepare and tastes great. I made this for dinner last night and a 1, 2 and 4 year old all cleaned their plates! That equals 2-thumbs up in my book!
Feb 5, 2014
This was great. The family loved it!
Jan 29, 2014
These are great! Very simple to assemble and they taste wonderful.I'd like to add that since I first posted this review, I have made these several times and now instead of pounding out the chicken and rolling it up, I just cut a pocket into the side of the breast and stuff the pepperoni in that way. Much easier, in my opinion! :)
Dec 24, 2013
Really good! I don't think it needed to bake as long as the recipe says though. But we really like it!
Sep 29, 2013
The combination of flavors seemed a little strange to me. My husband loved it though!