Pistachio Orange Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pistachios in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add orange juice and zest; heat through. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper.
Dec 31, 2014
WOW! found a true "keeper"...used it on Christmas and had everyone rave...even "I don't like asparagus" people said they loved it. Used "baby" (pencil size) asparagus...and added a bit of "Cutie" tangerine juice...
Mar 22, 2013
I loved this simple but delicious recipe,used less butter and subbed sliced almonds for pistachios. will definitely make again.