Pistachio Mini Loaves
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes5 loaves, 25 servings, 5 per loaf
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Add sour cream, eggs, oil and water; beat until blended. Pour into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 183 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 25, 2020
Pistachio, what flavor is this? Made cute little fluffy lightly green loaves with no distinct flavor other than the cinnamon. Easy enough to make but with so many recipes out there, this just isn't a standout that I will keep in my box. Nothing wrong with it.
Mar 18, 2015
These made beautiful loaves for St. Patrick's Day! To my surprise, even with the addition of sour cream the little loaves turned out light. Made according to directions only adding 2tsp of Almond extract. As a Taste of Home volunteer food editor I love being able to share baked goods with friends. These loaves were individually wrapped and given away. Compliments by everyone!
Dec 19, 2012
I LOVE this recipe! It is very easy to make and tastes so good! I have been using this recipe for several years now right before Christmas to make the mini-loaves to share with family and friends. I love that the recipe makes 5 loaves! That way there are plenty to share with others!