Pink Rhubarb Punch
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 quarts
- 8 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 8 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Optional: Fresh pineapple wedges, sliced strawberries and sliced lemons
- In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid (save rhubarb for another use).
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin powder in boiling water. Stir in pineapple and lemon juices. Stir in rhubarb liquid; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, pour into a punch bowl and stir in ginger ale. If desired, garnish with fruit.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 24, 2018
I found this way too sweet and even cut the sugar by 1/2 cup.
Jun 6, 2011
I made this today for our family and they all loved it-even those that don't usually like rhubarb! Very refreshing on a hot day.
May 18, 2011
I loved this punch. So did my family! :)
Apr 12, 2010
I made this for a summer BBQ, it was awesome and everyone LOVED it! Very refreshing! make sure you strain it well. I used a can of crushed pineapple and crushed ice for a slushy twist!!totally YUM!
Jul 3, 2006
No comment left