Pink Peppermint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 to 12 drops red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- In a bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and the sugar. Beat in egg, food coloring and peppermint extract. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture. Shape into a ball. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine chocolate syrup and remaining butter and flour; stir until well blended. Spoon into a pastry bag with a small round tip. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten into 1-1/2-in. circles. Pipe chocolate mixture on top of cookies in simple holiday designs. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2013
These have been a favorite of our family for many years. They make a pretty presentation and taste great.
Jan 3, 2012
We make these every year and the extended family always request these as a favorite!