Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds miniature smoked sausages
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and mustard. Gradually stir in the pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add sausages; stir to coat. Cook, uncovered, until heated through, about 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 sausage: 40 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 8, 2017
I took this to a potluck and people asked for the recipe. This is also good served over rice.
Feb 6, 2017
They were ok, but nothing spectacular. I will not be making them again.
Apr 22, 2015
I served this with brown rice. It was okay, but not stellar. My family loves my Sweet and Sour Chicken much better. It lacks substance. Daughter suggested mushrooms and green peppers. Actually, she was trying to totally change the recipe. Personally, the sauce was too sweet.
Apr 11, 2015
I made these for a group at church and everyone raved about them! I didn't have any pineapple juice on hand so opened a can of pineapple tidbits, using the juice from the can and adding a little juice from an open can of mixed fruit to make the full 1 cup. I dumped in the pineapple to serve with the meat. The few leftovers will work great on some rice for dinner.
Dec 19, 2014
A big hit at potlucks and parties!
Nov 27, 2014
Love these. Have a sweet and tangy taste to them. Husband loved them as well, so I'm fixing some as appetizers for Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Jan 4, 2014
I served these over white rice and it was good. There's nothing really special about them, but they are a quick appetizer or meal as I served them.
Jan 26, 2013
No comment left
Dec 17, 2012
These were a nice change from the standard bbq smokies. I doubled the recipe for a family christmas and only had a few leftover. The pineapple flavor was great!
Jul 10, 2010
No comment left