Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix pretzels, melted butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into a 13x9-in. pan. Bake 7 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until creamy. Fold in pineapple and whipped topping; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- To serve, break pretzel mixture into small pieces. Stir into pineapple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 334 calories, 19g fat (13g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 24, 2020
If you find your pretzel mixture gets soft after it sits you can let your guests add their own as they go
Jun 24, 2020
This stuff is great, I added mini marshmellows and sliced maraschino cherries everyone loved it!
May 16, 2020
The pretzels got very mushy and just did not have the right texture in this dish.
Nov 21, 2018
This has been a family favorite for years at our Thanksgiving get together. I'm making another triple batch tonight for Thanksgiving tomorrow...trying something a bit different...adding a drained 20 oz. can of chopped mandarin oranges for color and added flavor. And yes, parchment paper in your pan makes it much easier to work with the chopped pretzels.
Nov 17, 2018
My family loves this salad. The only difference is I coarse like the pretzels, mix and dump in pan. I don't press it down and stir them in the pan about half way through the baking time. No sticking of the pretzel mixture!
Jun 29, 2018
I've made this several times and it's always a hit! In response to those who said the pretzel mix stuck to the pan, try lining your pan with parchment paper. It makes clean up a breeze!
Jun 29, 2018
This can be made in the micro the same as the oven other then the pretzel mixture will be stirred in to the fluff. Do everything the same way other then in micro on high for 2 -3 mins.
Jun 10, 2018
Very tasty, but like other reviews I also had trouble with the pretzel mixture sticking to the pan.
May 7, 2018
Made it for a family gathering and it was a big hit. I had trouble though with the pretzel mixture sticking to the pan after I baked it. What did I do wrong?
Oct 30, 2017
This reminds me of a recipe my mom used to make. It's a perfect combination of sweet and salty!