Pineapple Orange Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pineapple juice and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in sour cream; fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 13, 2020
Have made this a few times for guests and it is always well received. I like that I can prepare it the day ahead.
Mar 29, 2019
Want to make for a diabetic friend. Can Sugar-Free pudding be used instead of the regular Instant Vanilla Pudding as well as Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream?
Apr 3, 2016
Wonderfully easy and delicious! I used 15 oz. of mandarin oranges as I love them. This would be a great dessert to take to a potluck or serve at home.
Nov 16, 2015
This dessert presented itself well was easy to make and tasted great. I didn't put the coconut on it but did a little orange zest to the top. Everyone loved it.
Jul 19, 2015
When I made this dessert for the first time and took it to our church potluck, a lady asked me if she could take the bowl home and lick it out! Guess that says they liked it!
Jan 15, 2015
I made this trifle for a church meeting and it was wonderful! I will make this again.
Sep 14, 2014
Easy to make, easy to eat... ! This was liked by everyone at a recent family gathering, it was a nice light-tasting dessert, good after a big meal...
Mar 20, 2014
Light and delicious! Perfect for spring!
Jul 9, 2013
Very eye appealing, and tasty. I added sliced bananas onto each layer and finished with a few cherries on top