Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add the vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pineapple and reserved soy sauce mixture; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
May 5, 2016
Very good! I thickened a hit with cornstarch as some suggested & it was good. Next time I might add a bit more pineapple. It's a keeper.
Mar 10, 2016
Great recipe. We used extra pineapple.- Theresa
Oct 30, 2014
Fresh and sweet, this recipe makes for a great, light dinner. The dish is really easy to make and very family friendly with its mild flavors.
Aug 8, 2013
Love the simplicity! The sauce needs a little more 'zing' - I thickened it, and next time will probably add a little black or red pepper to liven it up.
Mar 25, 2012
I've been making this recipe for years and it's one of my all-time favorite recipes. I skip the chicken but I'm sure is delish with it!!
Dec 18, 2011
Very easy to make and very tasty. The sauce could have had a little more flavor though. I ended up adding some more soy sauce to my individual serving. I will thicken the sauce next time with some water and cornstarch. Would definitely make again!
Aug 22, 2011
The sauce does not have much flavor.
Apr 28, 2011
Very tasty - the sauce was not overly sweet. Just the way I like it! Threw in some peanuts for a little extra crunch and served over brown rice.
Aug 26, 2010
I enjoyed the flavor of this recipe. The only thing I added was some corn starch and water to thicken up the sauce.
Jan 22, 2010
No comment left