Pineapple Chicken Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic and ginger over medium heat in 2 tablespoons oil for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the carrots, green pepper and pineapple. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in spaghetti and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and remaining oil until smooth. Gradually add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 436 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1307mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 15, 2018
No comment left
Aug 23, 2017
Fully expected to love this, but it was completely inedible, for me.
Jul 13, 2016
Excellent. Just didn't use gingerroot. I make this recipe a lot. Everyone in the family likes it. For my vegan daughter, I use fake chicken strips.
Jan 6, 2016
This is a favorite of my kids. Easy to make and very delicious. The sauce is great. We have made this several times.
Dec 18, 2014
This is quick and easy to prepare, flavorful!
Aug 2, 2012
Made this recipe and had low expectations, boy was I wrong...DELICIOUS!!! I used more soy sauce (3/4 c) and flour in place of cornstarch, crushed pineaple because I didn't have chunks with cooked thin spaghetti. It turned out awesome, even my picky 6 year old loved it. Definitely a keeper and will make again.
Jul 27, 2011
No comment left
Mar 24, 2011
We love this! I make this often! Simple & yummy!
Mar 13, 2011
We LOVE this! I substitute teriyaki sauce for the soy sauce, have subbed broccoli for the chicken it into a side dish, and usually double the sauce, the use up all the pineapple juice.
Nov 5, 2010
I've made this several times, and we like it very much. Last night I tried something different with it -- substituting a package of frozen stir-fry vegetable blend for the carrots and green peppers called for; cooking it just a bit longer because the veggies were frozen. It made the recipe even quicker and, we thought, even more delicious. Highly recommended!