Pineapple Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + marinating. Grill: 10 min.
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup plain or coconut Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 1/2 small cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut or lime wedges, optional
- For marinade, place 1 can pineapple, yogurt, 2 tablespoons each cilantro and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper flakes and chili powder in a food processor; process until blended. In a large bowl, toss chicken with marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1-3 hours.
- In a clean food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice (do not overprocess). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 can pineapple and the remaining lime juice and salt; cook, covered, over medium heat until cauliflower is tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in remaining cilantro. Keep warm.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or in a greased foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Grill, covered, or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, divide cauliflower mixture among 4 bowls. Top with chicken, remaining 1 can pineapple and, if desired, coconut and lime wedges.
Jul 7, 2020
this is a great summer recipe
Jul 2, 2020
We love this recipe I’ll make it again and again so delicious, the chicken with the pineapple together makes a great combination.!! Delicious
Jun 20, 2020
Will use again and again! And will try the lemon juice and avocado variation!
Jun 16, 2020
we loved this recipe the pineapple is amazing with the chicken five stars deb P VFE
Jun 10, 2020
The dish has a great flavor and makes a fulfilling meal. But if you are on a low carb diet like me, I recommend replacing the pineapple with lemon juice for the marinade. Then serve with fresh avocado chunks instead of pineapple chunks. If you are not on a keto/low carb diet, make the recipe as it is.