Pineapple Cherry Cake
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Evenly spread pineapple in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Carefully spread with pie filling. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 275 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 11, 2014
Great when you add pecans on top
Aug 28, 2013
Yes! I call it a "dump cake" too. It is great and very easy. Requested often for church pot lucks. I have also sprinkled top with chopped pecans just after pouring melted butter on top. yummy!
Jan 7, 2012
This recipe is great in the crock pot, which is how I bake it.
Jul 10, 2010
I have also used strawberry pie filling. We call this a dump cake. It is so quick and simple my 7 year old makes it. Excellent served warm with vanilla ice cream. Yummie!
Jan 30, 2009
We also call it "dump cake" but we sprinkle coconut and chopped walnuts on before the butter is poured on!Yooper in Upper Michigan
Sep 8, 2008
we call this 'dump cake' where I come from, because you just dump all the ingredients into the pan. It's really easy and delicious!!!