Phyllo Chicken Packets
I used to make this special recipe when I ran my own catering company years ago. It was often requested. —Kristin Arnett
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 12 sheets sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves and tarragon; set aside. in another small bowl, combine the butter and remaining garlic.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short edge facing you. Brush with 2 teaspoons butter mixture; brush to distribute evenly. Repeat with one more sheet of phyllo, brushing with another 2 teaspoons of butter mixture (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out).
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Center one chicken breast on the lower third of phyllo. Spread about 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixture over chicken breast. Fold bottom edge over chicken, then fold in sides. Roll up jelly-roll style; cover with plastic wrap and set aside. Make five more chicken packets.
- Place packets in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush tops with remaining garlic butter; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve warm.
Editor’s Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.