Pepper Steak with Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix broth, cornstarch and pepper until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add potatoes and beef to pan; heat through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 277 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Jul 2, 2020
Followed the directions, but this recipe needs some revision. The dish is missing flavor and seasoning. Bummer that I spent good money on sirloin steak strips for our dinner to lack excitement and flavor.
Oct 1, 2019
2nd time I've made this dish. Easy and recommended, also this time I've skipped the potatoes to make steak and peppers... Delicious.
Jul 9, 2011
This was a great recipe. Everyone in the family liked it and it was very easy to make.
Nov 30, 2009
This was a good recipe, a big hit with my husband and I.