Pepper Shrimp Scampi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic until tender.
- Add the shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the butter, oregano and basil. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 258 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 14, 2020
This is quick and easy and a good way to get in some veggies. A favorite of my mine and my husband's. It is a little bland, so we tend to add a bit more of the Parmesan cheese, and that helps.
Feb 8, 2011
Quick and easy. A little bland so I added 1 Tsp roasted red-pepper salad dressing and sprinkled with lemon pepper. Delicious!