Pepper Jack Hash Brown Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eleven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. For topping, combine the potato chips, bacon and Parmesan; sprinkle over casserole. Top with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, until edges are bubbly and topping golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 416 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 2, 2020
by0646 Yes, absolutely a freezer friendly dish. Since it is just the two of us, I usually make separate dishes; bake one for dinner, and freeze the other two. You can make ahead and freeze the entire dish. Just thaw in the refrigerator overnight, once thawed bake as per directions.
Jun 29, 2020
can this be frozen before you bake it? Thanks
Apr 12, 2020
Could I use crushed ritz crackers instead of chips?
Dec 18, 2018
Everyone LOVED this - so easy and flavors are perfect!! Family has requested this often.
Nov 7, 2018
This was so easy to make and absolutely delicious! The variety of textures and the kick from the spicy cheese make it really special.