Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 waffles (4-1/2 inches)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine egg yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Sprinkle hot waffle iron with 2 tablespoons pecans. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter over pecans and bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Repeat with remaining pecans and batter. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 299 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
Loved the recipe. Very fluffy & cooked beautifully. I also mixed the pecans into the batter. One other adjustment: to make the crust caramelize like recipes with sugar in the batter, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter with a tablespoon of sugar & basted the hot waffle iron with a brush. It worked beautifully! Definitely not necessary but it was a nice addition.
Nov 2, 2017
Winner, winner! These waffles are delicious. They have a wonderful flavor and so easy to prepare. I did fold the pecans into the batter as suggested by other reviewers and each bite was filled with pecan goodness. Hubby and I loved these waffles. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 20, 2016
Loved these waffles. I used white whole wheat flour and coconut oil instead of canola. I mixed the pecans into the batter before folding in the egg whites. The texture of these waffles was perfect.
Feb 25, 2016
A nice change up from traditional waffles
Aug 30, 2015
Very good. I mixed the pecans in the batter like a previous reviewer suggested. I did leave 1/2 the batter plain for those in the house who do not like pecan and waffles were equally delicious.
Jan 19, 2015
Great pecan waffles! I also mixed the pecans into the batter. Not a single bite without pecans!
Mar 17, 2013
No comment left
Dec 22, 2012
These are the best waffles I've ever made. I mixed the pecans into the batter and they were great.
Jul 24, 2012
these waffles are moist and tasty. The addition of pecan sets these apart from the rest.:)