Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into pastries. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and filling is puffed. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 242 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 4, 2020
My go to recipe, I make these all the time and everyone always raves about them!
Dec 2, 2019
These are fantastic! They area fairly easy to make, and they taste great and look so nice on a holiday cookie tray. They are one of my favorite treats! The crust is nice and tender (yet holds together), and the filling is just so tasty. Yum!
Nov 24, 2019
Ok great recipe loved them. I doubled the recipe and made it a 9x13 pan. A friend has asked me to make them for her family for Thanksgiving. That to me is the ultimate compliment.
Jan 29, 2019
Nice good recipe
Dec 31, 2018
These taste fantastic, and they are so elegant (when you can get them out of the pan.) I wonder if those of us who had trouble overfilled the cups. I noticed some reviews that said they had extra filling. It's that filling that made my tassies stick to the pan. I am also thinking there has to be a better way than rolling the dough into balls, then pressing into the pans. Next time I will try rolling out the dough and cutting circles to place into the muffin tins. I also like the idea of portioning the pecans into the cups before filling them. Next year I will try these things.
Dec 19, 2018
These are awesome!!! Oven temperature is fine. Mine were done in 20 minutes and I had no problems getting them out of the greased muffin cups.
Dec 16, 2018
Mine came out burnt and dry....checked the recipe, the oven temperature is too high should be 350 degrees not 375.
Dec 7, 2018
No comment left
Feb 20, 2018
I have a very old cookbook that had these in there. I made them for my 2017 Christmas cookie tray. They went the fastest of all. Reminds me of bite size Pecan Pie.
Dec 19, 2017
This is a great recipe. Mine came out messy because the cookbook specifically says ungreased but they are still awesome. Next time I will spray pans as it states online.