Pecan Pie Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan; heat pan in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla until combined.
- Remove baking pan from oven; add batter. Sprinkle with pecans, brown sugar and toffee bits. Slowly pour boiling water over top (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes (cobbler will thicken upon cooling). Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 411 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 3, 2020
This recipe is excellent without needing a pie crust. The only thing I changed was I substituted the toffee bits for butterscotch chips because I didn't have the toffee bits. Also at the end of the baking time I turned on the broiler for just a minute.
Jan 19, 2020
There are tons of recipes out there for this cobbler...don't know why you couldn't find one. This one was ok, but there are are actually better ones out there.
Dec 29, 2019
Turned out great and wouldn't change a thing other than how the directions were written. Theres more than 2 steps.
Dec 25, 2019
These directions leave out when to add dough mixture
Aug 16, 2019
No comment left
Feb 14, 2019
It was good, but not great. I give it 2 stars. Pecan pie is much better.
Dec 13, 2018
We made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Nov 22, 2018
WOW! Absolutely delicious. My husband said it was the most delicious dessert he's ever had. Traditional pecan pie is his favorite dessert, and he said from now on he prefers that I make this instead.
Nov 18, 2018
This might be the best dessert I’ve ever had in my life!!! The butter and brown sugar made a Carmel sauce. The pecans added I nice texture. The only difference I had was using heath bars as uppised to plain toffee. The little added chocolate was nice.
Nov 6, 2018
This cobbler hit the spot and served as the featured dessert at a Farm-to-Table dinner I helped organize recently. We needed to feature local pecans, and what a wonderful way to do it! I didn't change a thing and definitely recommend serving with ice cream!