Pecan Pear Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to sour cream mixture and mix well. Stir in pears, pecans and lemon zest.
- Spread into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 27, 2016
nice change from apple bread. very moist.
Sep 24, 2013
this is a nice light textured bread, not overly sweet. I may add a tad more cinnamon next time, because I like it. It will be a fall staple to use up my pear crop
Apr 27, 2010
Super moist, wonderful taste, quick to mix up - great recipe. Folks at work gobbled it up!
Oct 19, 2007
No comment left