Pecan Lemon Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 to 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut dough into 1/2-in. slices; press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans; press firmly into crust. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup, lemon juice, egg, butter and lemon zest. Combine the sugar, flour and remaining pecans; stir into lemon mixture until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 2, 2013
I like these because they're a bit different. Yummy!~ Theresa
Jun 9, 2012
I will use gluten free flour but the recipes sounds great. I plan to make tomorrow for Sunday nite church.
Nov 13, 2009
I was a little disappointed with the bars, but my husband and others in our small group really liked them. I used a combination of pecans and walnuts, which tasted good. The recipe said to use an ungreased pan, but I think using a light spritz of cooking spray would help get them out of the pan more easily.
Jan 31, 2007
No comment left