Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, vinegar and salt on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 meringue: 46 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 5, 2019
Lovely, light little snacks. Looking forward to making these during the holiday season this year. Thanks for sharing!
Nov 18, 2012
My husband loved this!! It is light and very good tasting. WOnderful easy recipe.
Mar 24, 2012
The dough would not set up into stiff peaks after mixing it on high as the recipe says for at least 20 minutes. Finally added some corn starch but it was still not set. They did not turn out at all like the picture.
Dec 5, 2006
No comment left