Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor, while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring constantly. Add to cornbread mixture along with pecans, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 404 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1035mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 12, 2017
Great recipe. We have and had pecan trees in the past. Texas is full of pecans. The green onions are a nice touch.
Dec 28, 2009
Wonderful, very tasty, my husband's favorite!
Dec 11, 2006
No comment left