Pecan Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 4, 2020
Turned out great! Used brown sugar as suggested by others and cake was moist, but had a nice crunch from the pecans. Will definitely make this again.
Dec 18, 2019
So good! I added orange zest to the batter, replaced half of the vanilla extract with orange extract and greased my 9"X13" rectangle glass dish with coconut oil.
Sep 5, 2019
No comment left
Oct 3, 2018
This is the best coffee cake ever. I had never made it before this weekend and did for family get-together. It was a great hit and so delicious. If I could give it 10 stars, I would
May 12, 2018
My family devoured this cake and asked for more! I had pineapple flavored cake mix and used that for a successful twist. Then added part brown sugar in the topping. Wow!
May 10, 2018
Another new recipe we tried and family absolutely loved it. I am going to mix up dry ingredients half them & put into zip lock bags. then tape the balance of ingredients to bag to be able to make a smaller coffee cake for two.
Dec 30, 2017
I just made this recipe for Christmas brunch. We loved it. 5 days later - some leftover cake is still super moist. This is a winner. Thank you :)
Nov 5, 2017
Years ago, I submitted this recipe for my Mom, Becky. My comments have been altered and so has the title of the recipe. The true name is 'Jewish Coffee Cake', and can be found in the Newman (Il) Methodist Cookbook. Our family supports Israel, but this recipe uses the title, I a sure, because of the origin of sour cream.This cake does last several days at room temperature; can be frozen well when properly sealed; and we also share with neighbors. As someone noted, the drizzle should be applied after the cake has cooled, and we use the flat side of a table knife to marbleized the pecan topping; first swirling side to side, then top to bottom of the pan. A friend notified me of this recipe now being on-line, and this morning I am trying the substitution of brown sugar and addition of orange zest and flavoring, which sound like perfection! Thank you for the kind reviews.
Sep 21, 2017
No comment left
Feb 24, 2017
Found this recipe yesterday, and made it today. Had it warm from the oven, wonderful! The only thing I did different is like some of the other cooks, I used a half a cup of brown sugar instead. My husband likes brown sugar. Thank you for sharing this keeper.