Pecan Carrot Bundt Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon and orange zest. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with juices. Stir in carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 487 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 17, 2016
Made this in a 9 x 13 pan, it turned out great. The citrus flavor surprised my guests. I did make a different frosting with orange extract, a perfect blend of flavors. This recipe is now on my list of favorite recipes along with a more traditional carrot cake.
May 17, 2013
I have made this cake two times and each time it was received with rave reviews. I love the citrus taste that sets it apart from other recipes. For the 2nd cake I added some lemon juice to the cream chees icing for a light lemon flavor.
Nov 24, 2012
A very dense cake, if you like light and fluffy cakes this is not the one for you. The carrot cake lovers in my family thought it was one of the best they'd ever had but said it could be a little more moist. Was done sooner than expected.
Mar 16, 2010
A moist, delicious cake that everyone devoured. I've made many carrot cakes and sometimes the ingredients are off, as in, not enough flour to support the carrots, nuts, and raisins. This one is well-tested and works perfectly.
Jul 9, 2009
I made this cake for my husband's birthday yesterday and have to say what a DELICIOUS cake it was! I didn't put the citrus juices in and would eliminate the zests as well for my next one but that is a personal preference, everyone thoroughly enjoyed it! A definite MAKE AGAIN recipe!
May 10, 2006
No comment left
Apr 6, 2006
No comment left