Pear Spinach Salad
WHEN I take a dish to a potluck gathering and everyone asks for the recipe, I know I have a winner. This refreshing salad is good with any entrée, presents itself well and is an interesting combination of flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Drain pears, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a salad bowl, combine spinach and onions. Top with the pears, grapefruit and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, lime juice, parsley, sugar, salt, lime zest, cayenne and reserved pear juice. Pour over salad; gently toss to coat.