Pear Custard Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in nuts.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until light brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 375°.
- Cut pears into 1/8-in. slices; blot dry. Beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg just until blended. Spread over crust. Arrange pears in a single layer over top. Mix remaining and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
- Bake until center is almost set, 28-30 minutes (filling will firm upon cooling). Cool 45 minutes on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 225 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 16, 2017
I made this for my co-worker's birthday. My whole office loved the bars! My 12 year old son was lucky to get one to taste and he said they were awesome! Definitely worth keeping this recipe.
Jun 21, 2017
These bars are incredible!! These are worthy of being named a grand prize winner!!
Feb 25, 2016
This recipe I tried for the first time and I just made adjustments by using pecans in place of the macadamia nuts, 1 can (15-oz.) LITE canned pear halves in extra light syrup, drained and sprinkled 1 Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar mixture over the pears. I did grease/flour my baking pan. These bars came out very well! They looked beautiful in pan after baking! I'm saving them for my retirementcommunity social hour next week! delowenstein
May 3, 2014
This dessert was absolutely tops. Since I made it, I have had requests for the recipe. It is well recommended! Nice with vanilla ice cream.
Jan 8, 2014
These are awesome! I actually made these quite some time ago, but am going for a weekend getaway with my card group friends, and am going to make these again.
Jun 27, 2013
really tasty. hubby loved it. only change I made was I used 11x7 pan (both my 8in squares were in use) so I made 1-1/2 times the filling so it wouldn't be so thin and it turned out excellent. i'm gonna try it next time with peaches for something different (though the pears were great)
Feb 28, 2013
Yummy! They are a light dessert and very tasty. Will definitely be making these again.
Aug 31, 2011
love this recipe I use over ripe pears in the fall an add some sugar to them in a bowl instead of canned, everyone loves them
Dec 23, 2010
I have made this recipes for years and it is wonderful. However, it causes people to do these crazy things such as: take two pieces right away with no regard if someone does not get any .Happens all the time.
Dec 8, 2010
As you can see, I already posted a comment on this recipe but just had to add this..since my family loved it so well I decided to make this into a pie for a pie contest I entered at church....and it won first place!! All I did different was not use all of the crust in the pie plate, it would have been to thick, and I doubled the recipe for the filling...it makes a beautiful pie!