Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Place pear slices in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly; add nuts. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 376 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 13, 2020
I was a little concerned after reading reviews about it being dry. I was using canned pears so I added a bit of juice and thickened it. Then continued on with the recipe. It was very tasty and will make it again.
Apr 1, 2020
I was disappointed with this recipe. Not enough liquid. The result was very dry and stoggy! I felt embarrassed serving it to my Guests!
Feb 7, 2020
This is a truly wretched "crumble." There is not nearly enough topping (or liquid) for this to be anything but a bunch of undercooked pear slices. I only used this recipe because I lost my usual one -- won't make that mistake again! Stay AWAY!
Jan 1, 2016
This is a great and easy recipe. I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon over the pears. A couple dots of butter on the pears made it even tastier! Note: I always made a triple batch of crumble mix and bag it individually and freeze.
Jan 27, 2015
Super easy and super tasty!!!