Pear Chutney Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, mix flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring once, until heated through, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 395 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 25, 2016
I loved this chicken! Quick and easy for a weekday dinner. I served this with wild rice and steamed broccoli on the side.
Oct 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2014
Loved, loved, loved this recipe! Made it exactly as the recipe said. I was a tad worried as I have not been a big fan of curry, but I honestly changed my mind after making this.
Apr 14, 2010
mariasylviarivera2- chutney is a sort of fruit conserve (preserves) of spices and mixed fruit. Major Grey's Chutney is fairly common. Mango chutney is just a different mix of fruits. Check your store's mustard/steak sauce aisle or possibly the jelly/preserves/marmalade section.
Aug 3, 2009
what is mango chutney?
Apr 23, 2009
No comment left
Sep 12, 2008
This was great. I wanted to try it since the submitter says it freezes well, but we didn't have any leftovers to freeze! Definitely a recipe I will make again. A nice way to serve chicken that is not the "same-old-same-old".