Pear Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing lightly with a fork until the dough forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Flute edges. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and remaining flour. Add apples and pears; toss. Pour into crust.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender.
Oct 31, 2014
Alright...I changed a few things such as I added plums to my pie. I had to add a little more flour to the apple, pear, plum combo as the pears were very juicy. I added brown sugar instead of plain white sugar to the apple combo. It took 50 minutes and was absolutely delicious. Will make again!
Feb 6, 2010
No comment left
Oct 12, 2009
This is a great pie!!! I did change it a bit. I used refridgerated pie crust. I had some apples and pears leftover from picking and it turned out awesome. I did not use the walnuts as I cannot have nuts. This has become a family favorite very fast. Thanks for the recipe!!