Peanut Crunch Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup. Add the water, eggs and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Combine the peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2016
Delicious and easy. Doesn't taste like a mix. My adult children ask for it for their birthdays every year.
Apr 12, 2016
Excellent cake. My family enjoyed this immensely.
Jan 28, 2016
Chocolate and peanut butter: great combination. I love that it makes its own topping without frosting
May 21, 2015
I do not use boxed cake mixes often, but thought I would give this recipe a try anyway. I am glad I tried because my husband especially enjoyed it. He said it did not taste like a boxed cake mix. I plan to make it for our Memorial Day cook-out.
Mar 14, 2013
No comment left
Nov 14, 2012
No comment left
Dec 27, 2011
I make this cake every time I have dinner guests and it always the biggest hit of the meal!!! Everyone thinks I make it from scratch because it tastes like nothing like any cake they have ever had. It's so easy and so tasty!
Feb 15, 2011
Everyone likes the recipe. It's a nice change from traditional cake and frosting.
Apr 23, 2010
This cake is easy to make and has a great peanut butter taste. However, I suggest using a binding agent like maybe butter to hold together chips on top. They immediately fall off when slicing and eating just making a mess.
Nov 13, 2008
If you love peanut butter you are sure to love this recipe. I have been using it for years and no one seems to get tired of it.