Peanut Butter Teddies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 72 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 teaspoons)
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- For each bear, shape the dough into one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball, six 1/2-in. balls and one 1/4-in. ball. On an ungreased baking sheet, slightly flatten the 1-in. ball to form the body. Place the 3/4-in. ball above body for head. For limbs, place four 1/2-in. balls next to the body. For ears, place two 1/2-in. balls next to the head.
- For nose, place the 1/4-in. ball in the center of the head. Add two chocolate chips for eyes and one chip for belly button. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 6, 2020
Although I'm not much of a baker, I couldn't wait to make these cute Teddies, but I'm sorry I tried. It seemed so simple but, for me, was SO time consuming. Recipe quoted prep time as 30 mins but, rolling the 214 balls of the mixture into the varying sizes seemed never-ending. Top of recipe quoted bake time as 20 mins, but the end of the directions stated bake time as 6-8 minutes. I ended-up baking just six Teddies for 6-8 mins and they didn't taste that special so I threw out the rest of the mixture. So disappointing.
Jul 2, 2010
No comment left